To kick off our baby hairstyling event:
4 Connecting Ponytails Hairstyle
As you can see: I started with the ponytail in the front, split it in half and added that hair to the 2 ponytails in the middle. All of the hair from the middle 2 ponytails were then added to the last ponytail in the back. Easy and quick!
We've been using these tiny cloth covered ponytail holders which we found at the dollar store. You could use regular small elastic bands if you wanted to (which would probably stay in better if you have problems with your baby pulling them out.) But, our little pea has such soft baby hair and I worry about breaking it with regular bands. So, this is what we're sticking with for now.
Doesn't she have a such cute little head of hair?
- Don't worry about getting the parts exactly straight. If your baby is anything like this one, you don't have time for that! Baby hair is always cute, even with crooked parts.
- A little bit of water makes all the difference. Spray her hair with some water before you start and everything will go a lot smoother.
- If your baby isn't "in the mood" to have her hair done, then don't. It's not worth making her unhappy.
- Have some toys or snacks ready for her before you begin to keep her busy for a minute.
- It's ok to take a break mid-style and finish later if you need to.
- I've found it's easier to have her sitting in a high chair or car seat where she's semi-restrained rather than chasing after her while she crawls away. ;)
- And lastly... work quickly!