This week we are showing another fun Halloween Hairstyle and this one might be our favorite so far! We are loving this spider web bun / ponytail since it looks festive for Halloween, but isn't too over the top or crazy for teens, or even adults. This spooky Halloween spiderweb hairstyle could be worn to school, for a Halloween party, a Halloween dance, a trip to the pumpkin patch, Oktoberfest, or as part of a costume for trick or treating.
Spider Web Bun, Video Tutorial: Click here to watch the video directly on YouTube.
Supplies needed to recreate this spider web hairstyle:
- We purchased the silver ribbon used to make our webbing at a local craft store. You can use any color or type that you want. We have found that thinner ribbon works best for this style. You could also use yarn or string if you prefer (which may lay flatter and be easier to sew in.)
- The donut bun maker we used can be found in most stores that carry beauty supplies. You can also find them online (affiliate.)
- We purchased the plastic craft needle (shown in our tutorial above) at Walmart. You could also use a regular sewing needle.
- You will need 3 medium size hair elastics or hair ties to make the bun and several clips or temporary hair ties to hold your braids while you are working.
- Of course if you wanted to take this style a step further, you could add a spider accessory to your web! We have seen some plastic spider rings at the dollar store that would be perfect. ;)