This was one of those last minute things. You know when your child tells you it's crazy hair day (the morning of) and you get to whip something up in 5 minutes? Yeah, that's one of the fun things about being a mom! This hairstyle should work great for a time like that..... as we tested it for you this morning. :)
1. Make a set of pigtails.
2. Take 2 cupcake liners and cut a hole in the bottom of each one with a pair of scissors.
3. Twist up the hair in the pigtails (to hold the hair together) and thread the ends through the holes in the cupcake liners (one at a time.)
4. Push the liners up to the top of the pigtails on each side.
5. Wrap the hair up into buns inside the liners, and secure with clear elastics. You can make any type of bun you want. She wanted this to look like "swirled frosting" so I took the hair, twisted it, and wrapped it around itself.
6. (Optional) Decorate your "cupcakes." We stuck a candle through the center of each of the buns for a birthday cupcake look. You could also add glitter, "colored frosting" (hair chalk or spray,) a cherry... whatever you want!
We would love to hear your crazy hair ideas in the comments. Or, if you have pictures of styles you have done in the past, please feel free to share them on our facebook page! It is always fun to see what you guys come up with.