My friend will only have a few minutes to do her daughter's hair while everyone is waiting and of course she wants her daughter to look and feel beautiful and special on this special day and for her baptism pictures.
My friend challenged me to come up with a quick and cute hairstyle for the baptism and I'm coming up with a whole lotta nothing spectacular!!
I did find these pictures I took one day after my daughter had gone swimming last summer. I just did this as an experiment to see how well french braid pigtails would hold up in the pool. This may work! Before she got in the pool the ends of the braids where down. Then when she got out I brought the ends up to the base with an elastic and just "fluffed" them a little.
As you can see, the braids don't look perfect after being in the water, but they held up pretty well! Maybe the best thing would be to braid her hair before she gets baptised and hope for the best??
Anyway, since I pretty much sucked at this challenge, I'm passing it on to all of YOU! :) If anyone wants to take it on, here's the "rules."
1. So that you have an idea of texture and length: Her hair looks like this (no bangs in the front.) The style needs to be doable on her hair.......
2. It needs to either be something that can be done before the baptism and hold up to going under water or...
3. It's got to be quick (5 minutes or less.)
4. Remember, we're working with dripping wet hair here and no time for curling irons or blow dryers.
5. Post your ideas to our facebook page (she can see them there) or send them to me in email before April 9th and I'll add them to this post (princesshairstyles at gmail dot com.) I'm sure she'll appreciate any ideas you can give her!
We've had some great ideas submitted already.
Btw, I absolutely love this first picture. How adorable!!
For instructions to this one, go here. I'm thinking this style would hold up great under water.
These next 6 pictures were sent in by a new hair blogger: Dreamweaver Hair Design she has some amazing braiding skills! Any one of these would be darling.
There have been several great ideas submitted to our facebook page as well, so be sure to check those out. THANK YOU for taking the time to submit your pictures!!