This week we have combined a woven twist step technique, a french braid, and a ladder braid to create a pretty and unique side braid hairstyle for medium or long hair.
This braided hairstyle could be worn for casual or formal occasions (school, work, church, the beach, prom, homecoming, etc.) I think this is one of our new favorite styles, as it is just so eye catching and intricate from every angle, and actually quite easy to create as well. ;)
Step Ladder Braid Hairstyle Video Tutorial: (Click here to watch the video directly on YouTube.)
Supplies needed to recreate this braid:
- 1 temporary ponytail holder or hair tie.
- 1 clip to help hold the hair while you are working.
- 1 medium size hair elastic or ponytail holder for the end of the braid.
- As shown in our tutorial, we used a topsy tail (affiliate) to create the woven "steps" in this hairstyle (which does make it easier, but is not absolutely necessary.) These tools can be found in various stores where beauty products are sold, or online.
- Pomade, hair spray, wax, gel, etc. as desired.