Hey guys! This week we are showing a fun variation of the standard halo braid (or wreath braid) which is always a popular style this time of year. We have utilized an "off centered" dutch lace braid to create this halo on the side of her head, instead of in the center (which is more typical of this style.) We chose to leave most of her hair down for an elegant half up look. If you want to make this an updo, you could incorporate all of her hair into this side halo braid as well.
This would be a fabulous hairstyle for many formal or special occasions: Holiday parties, church, Christmas Eve, school dances, recitals, etc.
Side Braided Wreath or Halo Braid, Video Tutorial: (Click here to watch the video directly on Youtube.)
Supplies needed to recreate this hairstyle:
- 1 medium size clear elastic
- Hair product to help control flyaways
- We love that we were able to finish this style with no bobby pins! If you have fairly long hair, the braid should hold just fine on its own by using the topsy tail technique shown in our video. If your hair is shorter, you will most likely need a few pins to hold the end in place.
- Topsy Tail. These can be found in some stores where beauty supplies are sold, and online here (affiliate.)
- Decorative hair clips or pins (optional.) We purchased ours at Sally Beauty Supply. We found something similar online here (affiliate.)